Lina Yang, MS
1721 White Pine Dr. Durham, NC 27705
(919)667-8960 • firstname.lastname@example.org
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
Ph.D. of Biostatistics, Present
DUKE UNIVERSITY, School of Medicine, Durham, NC
Master of Biostatistics 2015-2017
Multivariate Analysis of Gene Expression Signatures and Association of Pathologic Complete Response (pCR) in Triple‐Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC)
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
Master of Physiology, January 2015. Chinese Student and Scholar Association President
Research Assistant, Department of Neuroscience and Physiology 2012-2015
Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Bachelor of Biological Science, June 2012. Graduated with Top Academic Students Scholarship
DUKE UNIVERSITY, Durham, NC 2016-2017
Research Intern,Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Department
· Involved in LungMAP project and developed a pipeline for immunofluorescent image segmentation to annotate developing mouse lung with machine learning algorithms.
Research Intern,Duke Cancer Institute
· Conducted statistical analysis to evaluate risk of lobectomy, completion, or total thyroidectomy procedures by comparing time to early complication and likelihood of readmission and emergency department (ED) visits for patients who were treated with a specific procedure.
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 2015
Research Intern,Department of Biostatistics
Involved in genome-wide association study and performed genotype imputation using sequencing based reference from the 1000 Genomes Project.
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 2012-2015
Research Assistant, Department of Neuroscience and Physiology
· Proved lack of sodium/proton exchanger on endosome membrane can cause autism spectrum disorders in mouse model.
· Found 4 pairs of top significant gene-gene interactions that can potentially cause schizophrenia.
· Anderson, K., Yang, L., Stang, M., Thomas, SM., Hyslop, T., and Sosa, J. Increase hazard of early complications in total thyroidectomy. American Surgical Association 137th meeting
· Yang, L., Faraone, SV. and Zhang-James, Y. Autism Spectrum Disorder Traits in Slc9a9 Knock-out Mice, Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 2016
· Zhang-James, Y., Yang, Li., Middleton, F., Yang, L., Patak, J. and Faraone, SV. Autism-related Behavioral Phenotypes in an Inbred Rat Model, Behav Brain Res, 2014. 269: p. 103-14
· Yang, L., Neely, B., White, S., and Chan, C. Implementing an Immunofluorescence Image Segmentation Pipeline for the Annotation of Developing Mouse Lungs, Poster presented on Duke Industry Statistics Symposium, Durham, USA, Sep 2016
· Glatt, S., Roe, C., Yang, L. and Faraone, SV. Interaction Among Candidate SNPs for ADHD and Schizophrenia: Comparison of Family-Based and Case-Control Methods, poster presented on World Congress of Psychiatric Genetics, Boston, USA, Oct 2013
Member, American Statistical Association
Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science
SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9
Python, R, SAS, STATA, LaTeX, PLINK, Spark, SQL, C, C++